Grace Episcopal Church
Phase III at Grace
By Rev. Caroline Osborne
As the spread of the Coronavirus continues to slow throughout our diocese, Bishop Brewer is moving our diocese into Phase III of restrictions on worship and church functions. How will this change things at Grace?
· Instead of being limited to 50% of total capacity, we are now allowed up to 75% capacity. This means more available seating during services!
· We are allowed to have coffee hours again. (None are schedule yet, but we will let you know if we add any to the calendar!)
· Increased pastoral care options. Our Pastoral Care Team, Eucharistic Visitors, and others are now allowed to make home visits. If you are part of one of these teams (or would like to join one) and are comfortable making home visits, please contact Deacon Mary at email@example.com.
WHAT STAYS THE SAME?
· Masks and social distancing are still required during all services and at all church events.
· Communion will be through pre-intincted bread (bread with the wine in it) in church or through a eucharist packet picked up from the office to be consumed while watching live streamed services.
· No lay chalice ministers, crucifers, nor acolytes will serve yet.
· We will continue to pass the peace from our seats.
· The offering plate will be on the table at the cross aisle and will not be passed. Online giving options will remain available.
· The sanctuary will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized.